Symptomatic & Exposure Testing
Please see the information below for (1) Symptomatic Testing for members of the campus community experiencing symptoms of COVID-19; and (2) Exposure Testing for members of the campus community who have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Testing is available to all members of the University campus community who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
NOTE: If you are participating in either the Voluntary Surveillance or Mandatory Surveillance testing programs and you are experiencing symptoms, you should not attend your regularly scheduled testing appointment—instead call to schedule a screening with UChicago Medicine (employees) as outlined below or UChicago Student Wellness (students).
- How to schedule a screening if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19:
- Faculty, academic appointees, postdoctoral researchers, and staff members should call the UCM triage hotline at 773.702.2800 to arrange a test and receive any needed medical attention.
- Students should call UChicago Student Wellness at 773.834.WELL.
- Employees of UCM or the Biological Sciences Division may call 773.702.6819.
- You will need your insurance information available in order to schedule an appointment. Your insurance will be billed; however, UCM will not issue a bill and there is typically no out-of-pocket expenses when the test is medically necessary.
- Symptomatic Testing Program location
- Testing for the populations mentioned above is performed at the UCM Hyde Park testing clinic.
- More information, hours
- Please view our testing FAQ web page for answers to frequently asked questions.
- More information on the Hyde Park UCM testing clinic, including hours, can be found on the UCM COVID-19 testing page here:
- For information on the University’s COVID-19 Exposure Protocol, click here
- If you have questions related to registration or the testing program not addressed in the FAQs, contact C19Testing@uchicago.edu or call 773.702.8450.
Testing is also available to all members of the University campus community who have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19. Please check the University’s protocols for confirmed or suspected COVID-19 exposures.
How to schedule an exposure testing appointment:
Schedule an appointment through the University’s on-site testing program, using my.WellnessPortal. You may make an appointment at either the Walker Museum on the Hyde Park campus or the Gleacher Center in downtown Chicago. If you are not already enrolled in the UChicago COVID-19 Mandatory or Voluntary Surveillance Testing programs, you must complete the voluntary consent form here prior to being tested.
Exposure Testing Program locations
Exposure testing for members of the UChicago community takes place at either the Walker Museum, Suite 309, located on the main quadrangle of the Hyde Park Campus at 1115 E. 58thSt. or the Gleacher Center downtown (Note: the Gleacher Center testing site operates on Tuesdays and Fridays only).
Please view our testing FAQ web page for answers to frequently asked questions.
For information on the University’s COVID-19 Exposure Protocol, click here.
If you have questions related to testing not addressed in the FAQs, contact the Testing Team at C19Testing@uchicago.edu or call 773.702.8450.