Coronavirus Update (Jan. 28, 2020)
The U.S. State Department has issued a Level 3 travel advisory, “reconsider travel,” for the country of China, and a Level 4 travel advisory, “do not travel,” for Hubei province.
Individuals are encouraged to continue to take steps that help prevent any respiratory infection—whether it’s the flu or a common cold. These steps include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces