Voluntary Surveillance Testing Program
Weekly COVID-19 testing will be available to fully vaccinated individuals on a voluntary basis for the 2021-22 academic year. Details on enrollment will be available in September. Fully vaccinated individuals may participate in the testing program but please note that isolation requirements apply for anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 regardless of vaccination status.
To be eligible for the University’s Voluntary Surveillance Testing Program, you must be a University student, faculty member, other academic appointee, postdoctoral researcher or staff member who meets these conditions:
1) Will regularly be at a University facility in the Chicago-area for this academic year; and
2) Can commit to regular testing in Hyde Park for the academic year.
* Individuals who will be away from campus periodically during the year are still eligible to be tested during the weeks that they are on campus. You can request make-up tests or changes to your test schedule at the testing site or via C19Testing@uchicago.edu.
People in this program must be asymptomatic and must commit to a specific time frame and day to be tested every week for the duration of the summer. In addition, eligible participants must not have tested positive for COVID-19 at any point in the 90 days prior to their first test.
Participants will be required to sign consent and HIPAA authorization forms releasing their testing results to the University, University of Chicago Medicine (UCM), and contracted third parties in order to be a part of the program.
- How to register for the program
- Details on enrollment will be available in September..
- Voluntary Surveillance Testing Program location and hours
- The Voluntary Surveillance Testing Program currently operates Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Walker Museum located at 1115 E. 58th St.
- Symptomatic or Exposure Testing
- Regardless of your vaccination status, if you experience symptoms of COVID-19 you should schedule a screening with UChicago Medicine or UChicago Student Wellness. Students should call Student Wellness at (773) 834-WELL. Faculty, academic appointees, postdoctoral researchers, and staff members should call the UCM triage hotline at (773) 702-2800 to arrange a test and receive any needed medical attention. Employees of UCM or the Biological Sciences Division may call (773) 702-6819.