Testing is available to all members of the University campus community who are experiencing symptoms or have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19. If you are experiencing symptoms or have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, you should self-isolate and call to schedule a screening with the University of Chicago Medicine (UCM) if you are an employee or, UChicago Student Wellness if you are a student. More details are below.
If you are participating in either the Voluntary Surveillance or Mandatory Surveillance testing programs and you are experiencing symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you should not attend your regularly scheduled testing appointment—instead call to schedule a screening with UCM (employees) or UChicago Student Wellness (students). You will need your insurance information available in order to schedule an appointment. Your insurance will be billed; however, UCM will not issue a bill and there is typically no out-of-pocket expenses when the test is medically necessary.
- How to schedule a screening
- Faculty, academic appointees, postdoctoral researchers, and staff members should call the UCM triage hotline at 773.702.2800 to arrange a test and receive any needed medical attention.
- Students should call UChicago Student Wellness at 773.834.WELL.
- Employees of UCM or the Biological Sciences Division may call 773.702.6819.
- Symptomatic Testing Program location
- Testing for the populations mentioned above is performed at the UCM Hyde Park testing clinic.
- More information, hours
- Please view our testing FAQ web page for answers to frequently asked questions.
- More information on the Hyde Park UCM testing clinic, including hours, can be found on the UCM COVID-19 testing page here:
- For information on the University’s COVID-19 Exposure Protocol, click here
- If you have questions related to registration or the testing program not addressed in the FAQs, contact C19Testing@uchicago.edu