Testing is available to all members of the University campus community who are experiencing symptoms or have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19. If you are experiencing symptoms or have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, you should self-isolate and call to schedule a screening with the University of Chicago Medicine (UCM) or, if you are a student, call UChicago Student Wellness. Detailed information on specific contact numbers are located below.
If you are participating in either the Voluntary Surveillance or Mandatory Surveillance testing programs and you are experiencing symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you should not attend your regularly scheduled testing appointment—instead call to schedule a screening with UCM or UChicago Student Wellness. You will need your insurance information available in order to schedule an appointment. Your insurance will be billed; however, UCM will not issue a bill and there is typically no out of pocket expenses when the test is medically necessary.
- How to schedule a screening
- Faculty, academic appointees, postdoctoral researchers, and staff members should call the UCM triage hotline at 773.702.2800 to arrange a test and receive any needed medical attention.
- Students should call UChicago Student Wellness at 773.834.WELL.
- Employees of UCM or the Biological Sciences Division may call 773.702.6819.
- Symptomatic Testing Program location
- Testing for the populations mentioned above is performed at the UCM Hyde Park curbside testing clinic.
- More information, hours
- Frequently asked questions
- Is your question not answered here? Check out our list of frequently asked questions.