Starting with Autumn Quarter 2021, the University of Chicago is implementing COVID-19 vaccination-related requirements for employees and students. Further information is available below and additional details can be found in the corresponding announcements for students and for University employees, and in the University’s Vaccination FAQs. Any COVID-19 vaccine authorized for use by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or by the World Health Organization (WHO) will be accepted.
Vaccination Status Confirmation
All University employees and students should upload proof of their COVID-19 vaccination in the University’s registry by the following dates:
- Employees: August 13
- Students participating in any University in-person or on-campus activity that begins in June, July, or August: August 1
- This includes early-arrival fall athletes and anyone in classes, labs, pre-matriculation, pre-orientation, orientation, University-sponsored trips, or other programs.
- All other students: September 1
To upload your COVID-19 vaccination documentation, please follow these steps:
- Go to my.WellnessPortal, the secure, HIPAA-compliant medical records system for UChicago Student Wellness. UChicago Student Wellness is coordinating the University-wide vaccination registry process.
- Upload a photo of your vaccine card or screenshot/copy of your electronic medical record showing that you have been vaccinated. Your documentation must include all relevant information in English and must clearly state the vaccine manufacturer and date(s) each dose was administered.
This guide provides step-by-step instructions for submitting your documentation. If you received your vaccine at UChicago Medicine or UChicago Student Wellness, you still need to upload your vaccine card/record using this system.
After uploading your documentation, your status in the my.WellnessPortal will change to “Awaiting Review” until your record has been verified. Documentation typically takes 14 business days to review. If further action is required, you will receive a secure message in the portal as well as an email to your uchicago.edu address with further instructions.
Once your documentation has been verified and approved, your status will change to “Compliant,” and you will have fulfilled the University’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
Note: University employees who are in the process of being vaccinated at UChicago Medicine or another location should email a copy of their vaccine appointment confirmation to email@example.com. You will also need to upload a copy of your vaccine documentation to the registry once you are fully vaccinated.
COVID-19 Vaccination Options
We encourage all members of the University community to be vaccinated at the earliest opportunity, whether through our dedicated vaccine clinic or through other providers. There are many options for vaccination appointments, which are now widely available in the U.S. These opportunities include:
- UChicago Medicine– Thanks to increased availability of COVID-19 vaccines, UChicago Medicine is able to vaccinate all Chicago residents 12 and older. Call 773-834-8221 to make an appointment. Adult patients with MyChart accounts also may schedule appointments through MyChart.
- UChicago Student Wellness – Students can request a vaccine by emailing UChicago Student Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your phone number, eight-digit student ID number, and if you are not currently on campus please indicate the date you anticipate arriving on campus. Staff will contact you to arrange an appointment time.
- Chicago Vaccination Finder– The City of Chicago has a websitewith multiple options for scheduling vaccinations, including information on pharmacies with vaccination programs and options outside of Chicago. The City site also contains information about Zocdoc, which has partnered with the city to streamline vaccine access.
For additional questions related to COVID-19 vaccination requirements at UChicago, vaccine safety and efficacy, and the vaccines that satisfy the University’s COVID-19 vaccine requirement, visit the vaccine FAQs.
Additional information is available on the UChicago Medicine website and through the following links:
- COVID-19 vaccination video Q&A and written Q&A with Dr. Stephen Weber
- COVID-19 vaccination video Q&Awith Dr. Monica Peek and Dr. Stephen Weber
- How vaccines work
- The different types of vaccines
- How vaccines are made
- The FDA vaccine approval process
If you have further questions, please call our information hotline at 773.795.5374. Please do not call the main UCM Call Center. Any scheduling changes should be made through MyChart.
– Page last updated on July 13, 2021